Manali, Chandrekhani Pass, Malana Village
- Chandrakhani Pass @ 3660 meters
- Tribal Village & Amazing Beauty
- World’s OLDEST Democracy !!
PRICE: ON REQUEST
Malana Trek is one of the most enchanting trek available in the Kullu valley which offers some of the most beautiful mountain scenery to be found anywhere in India. Deep forests, wide open lush green hanging valleys and the bleak marinated landscape dominated by the Malana glacier, all add up to a very beautiful trek. Malana is a tribal village, which is considered as the oldest democracy in the world. The place is also infamous for producing some of the world’s most renowned ‘bhang’. In fact the place is so exotic that permission must be obtained by the head of the villagers to visit the important places of the village and one has to be very careful to not touch the sacred places and monuments. Remember, in that case the village can claim the fine against the person who actually touched them, intentionally or not!
Total Duration: 06 Nights and 7 Days (Ex-Manali)
Grade: Easy – Moderate
Max. Altitude: 3,660 meters / 12,100 feet
Best Time to Travel: May – November
• All camping equipments during the trip including tent, sleeping bag & mat.
• All accommodations during the trip on twin sharing basis, as per itinerary.
• Nutritious and hygienic food during the trek.
• Food on MAP basis (breakfast & dinner) during hotel stays and on AP basis (breakfast, lunch & dinner) during trek days.
• Services of a cook and his assistants.
• Services of a mountain guide and his assistant.
• All transportation in jeeps as mentioned in the itinerary.
• Porters/Mules/Camping charges.
• Bills of personal nature i.e. phone bills, mineral water, laundry etc.
• Anything not mentioned in “includes Head”
• Cost raised by factors beyond the control.
• Insurance, Rescue, Hospitalization cost etc.
• Personal porter/mules.
• Service tax (4.5%)
1) The above rate is for a group of minimum 04 persons.
2) The rate quoted is valid up to 31st December 2014.
3) The programme is subject to change as per the local weather conditions.
Day No: 1
MANALI ARRIVAL: Travel from Delhi to Manali, day before, through Chandigarh. This is approx. 540 kms. of journey along foothills of Himalayas and reaches close to tale of Pir Panjal which is largest Himalayan Range. Arrival about 08:00 a.m. Afterwards, Safety Briefing, Tent Allotment or Check-in to your hotel. After noon, local sight-seeing around Manali.
Day No: 2
MANALI – NAGGAR (1900 m) TO RUMSU (2135 m) [around 3 hours]: After breakfast drive to Naggar via Jagatsukh. Visit Ancient Temple of the Gaitri Devi and Shiva. Scenic drive to the Naggar, visit the Castle, the Art gallery, the temple of the Tripura Sundri and other ancient shrines. Steep trail to the village of Rumsu, traditional wooden houses and picturesque village is worth to visit. Steep and gradual walk to campsite.
Day No: 3
RUMSU TO CHIKLANI (2378 m) [around 4:30 hours]:The path is going steadily up to the base camp at Chiklani through the forest. Enjoy some amazing mountain views en-route. Overnight Camp.
Day No: 4
CHIKLANI TO NAGRUNI (3000 m) HIKE TO CHANDRAKHANI PASS (3660 m) [around 5 hours]:After a short and gradual climb to the pass, it offers a magnificent view of the Himalayan snow-capped peaks. Return to the campsite, surrounded by the forest.
Day No: 5
NAGRUNI TO MALANA (2,652 m) [around 5:30 hours]: Sporadic sight of solitary houses on the hill sides as you are near to Malana. A longish climb up to the village: fair skin light eyes, entirely different dialect, religious and socially practices of the people of the Malana. Camp a little out of the village.
Day No: 6
MALANA – JARI – MANALI [around 5 – 6 hours]: After breakfast trek down to the road head for around 45 minutes and then board the jeeps for the journey to Manali. Enroute visit shawl factory and some famous temples of Kullu. You may stop-by for rafting (additonal payment). Reach Manali in the afternoon. Overnight at Hotel.
Day No: 7
After breakfast, you may explore Manali on your own. Depart to back home in the evening by overnight Volvo bus to Delhi.