LADDAHK MOTORBIKING EXPEDITION
10 Nights / 11 Days – Including 09 Days of Riding
Chapter: Highest Roads in the World
IDEA BEHIND THE ROUTE
This route covers the extremes where a motorcycle can reach. Not only it takes you to World’s THREE HIGHEST Motor-able Roads in the High Himalayan Passes but also covers other high passes that are as hard to ride on as any other roads. The tour covers popular towns of Manali and Leh but also covers far-off villages, pristine blue and massive lakes of Pangong and Tso Moriri, myriad Buddhist Gompas and the ‘Prayer Flags’ fluttering around in chilling winds.
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: CHALLENGING
For physically fit riders, who have extensive experience in off-roading.We mainly ride on small hilly, rocky and sandy tracks and there is also a high possibility of crossing water streams. You will also be travelling in very high altitude (more than 4000m) for long period of time, making the ride even more difficult.
THE MACHINE: ROYAL ENFIELD 500cc
Our fleet consists of Royal Enfield Classics 500cc and Machismos 500cc, all in good conditions. The motorbikes have a European style gear shifting system (left side, first gear down) to ensure comfort and safety of our riders. We also provide luggage carriers fitted which are very helpful for longer distance trips.
THE ORGANIZATION & LOGISTICS
Your tour leader will be a very experienced rider who speaks English and the local dialects, and is familiar with the area you will visit. He will also be in-charge of the support team that includes mechanic, driver, and helpers and makes sure that the group travels safely.
The entourage comprises of a tour leader and a well experienced mechanic. A support vehicle will be provided to carry the luggage and the mechanical equipment. The van can also accommodate participants (who must be registered with a pilot) if they choose to enjoy the ride in the comfort of a van.
Detailed Tour Program
OVERVIEW OF THE PROGRAM
Region: Himalayas and Trans-Himalayas in states of Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir
Total Duration: 11 Days / 10 Nights (09 Days of Riding)
Meeting Point: New Delhi Airport
Riding Start / End Point: Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Approx. Total Riding Distance: 1,650 kms. / 1,000 miles
Highest Altitude: 5,602 meters / 18,380 feet
Accommodation Type: Hotel / Tourist Lodge / Camping
Best Time to Visit: Late June to Late September (Prefer – Mid July to Mid September)
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TOUR
- Covering WORLD’S THREE HIGHEST MOTORABLE ROADS – Khardung La (18,380 ft.), Chang La (17,590 ft.), and Tanglang La (17,480 ft.).
- Escape from the crowded routes: rivers, forests, prayer flags and beautiful mountains throughout the journey.
- Stunning Views of Snowy Peaks of the Himalayas.
- Ride on one of the most dangerous roads in the world.
- Visit untouched villages, meet the locals and get to know the Himalayan culture.
- Turquoise undisturbed High-Altitude Lake of Pangong Lake and Tso Moriri, and Sandy lake of Tso Kar.
- Unearth the Hidden Secrets of Himalayas on the legendary Royal Enfield 500cc Motorcycles.
- The Less-Taken High Mountain Passes – Wari La (17,400 ft.), Bara Lacha La (15,060 ft.) & Rohtang Pass (13,054 ft.)
- Towns of Manali & Leh covered.
- Highly Qualified & Experienced Team – Tour Leader, Mechanic and Drivers.
- Stay / Interaction with the Locals to understand their lifestyle.
- Drive through very less taken and secluded routes between Nubra Valley and Pangong Lake (via Wari La), and Pangong Lake and Tso Moriri (via border roads)
PRICE DETAILS (Per Person) :
- A Royal Enfield 500cc motorcycle is provided with full mechanical assistance and all spare parts.
- Domestic Flight (DELHI – KULLU) or alternate.
- Semi-Sleeper Bus Journey from Manali to Delhi.
- All Surface Transport from Kullu Airport to Delhi Airport included.
- An English speaking Tour Leader (from day 1 to day 11)
- Fuel expenses of Motorcycles for whole journey.
- An expert Mechanic of Royal Enfield motorcycles.
- A Support Vehicle with Spare Parts. Any Spare Used & Damages (if any) will be additionally charged from riders.
- One Back-up Vehicle for Riders or Pillions to travel, in case required.
- Lodging in deluxe hotels and camps, in double bed rooms on a twin-sharing basis. If you wish to stay in a single room (extra), please inform at the time of registration.
- Meals: Full board meals during all days. (Breakfast on Day 01 to Dinner on Day 11 in Option 01 // Breakfast on Day 01 to Breakfast on Day 11 in Option 02)
- Third party motorcycle insurance of Royal Enfield 500cc motorcycle.
- Vehicle and Inner Line Permits for the whole tour.
- Admission fees to various monuments, temples etc.
- Successful ride celebration in Manali with 02 nights stays at a Premium category resort.
- Includes Government Service Tax of 4.5%
- Compulsory insurances, including repatriation assistance which covers you in case of a motorbike accident in India and legal assistance.
- Telescope for Star Gazing Nights at Sarchu and Pangong Lake.
- Spa / Ayurvedic Massage treatment will be on direct payment basis as per choice.
- Any Spare Used & Damages (if any) will be additionally charged from riders.
- Tips & Gratitude for staff.
- International Flights and airport taxes and Visa fees.
- Souvenirs and personal expenses.
Appropriate equipment is a component of a successful journey!
Travel light, TRY TO STAY UNDER 45 LBS (20 KGS)
NEW DELHI – ARRIVAL & FLY TO MANALI – EXPLORE THE TOWN & FEEL OF MOTORCYCLES
Arrival at New Delhi Airport and board early morning flight to Kullu.
Arrive Kullu Airport and get transferred to your hotel in Manali. Relax and rest for a while in the beautiful mountain set-up. Meet with your machines for the first time. We drive locally to get feel of the motorcycles and see if any minor repair / changes are required.
We also visit popular Hadimba Temple, Vashisht Temple, Main Market, Jana Falls, and Naggar Castle and village.
Overnight at your comfortable hotel in Manali.
NOTE: FLIGHT ARRIVING IN DELHI AT 03:35h. TIME IS JUST SUFFICIENT TO COMPLETE VISA FORMALITIES AND CHANGE IN TERMINAL AND CHECK-IN TO KULLU FLIGHT. ANY DELAY IN FLIGHT MAY BE A RISK THOUGH.
MANALI – SARCHU (230 kms. / 10 hours)
After early breakfast, we flag off our journey from hotel in Manali. We drive through numerous Himalayan villages around Manali and climb to the Rohtang Top (13,054 ft.). It may be one of the lower passes in comparison to the ones ahead but it is surely one iconic and difficult pass to cross.
The roads are steep on either side of the pass and we need to climb through winding roads. After crossing Rohtang Pass, we enter Lahaul valley which semi dry region with basic facilities en-route. We make a pit stop at Tandi to refill the fuel as next fuel station will be over 350 kms. away!
By late afternoon, we negotiate through various river crossings on the way (some difficult) and reach Bara Lacha La top (15,060 ft.) from where drive mostly downhill and reach plains of Sarchu (14,070 ft.).
Overnight at camps in Sarchu.
SARCHU – LEH (230 kms. / 10 hours)
After early breakfast, we drive towards the scenic Ladakh plains. We cross Lachung La and Naki La, and reach Pang as our first pit stop. Further from Pang, we ride through the amazing rolling plains, the ‘Morey Plains’ which offers 40 kms. of drive of your life. Further we climb the top of the World’s Third Highest Motorable Road at Tang Lang la. As we descend, we start witnessing habitation and reach main town Leh by evening.
LEH – REST & LOCAL
Today is a relaxing day, we rest well and enjoy local visit to the market, palace and monasteries. It’s also time to get our machines repaired. We celebrate our journey so far in the evening and do any further purchasing, if required.
LEH – NUBRA VALLEY VIA KHARDUNGLA, WORLD’S HIGHEST ROAD @ 18,380ft.
Today is the day we scale the highest motorable road in the world. We start after breakfast and cover around 35 kms. to reach Khardung La top (18,380 ft.) in about two hours, through the winding roads. We spend about 10 minutes at the top capturing memories and enjoying the sights from the top.
Further we drive down to the Nubra Valley which is a beautiful valley along the river river and Shyok. We visit the sand dunes of Hunder and Maitreya Buddha at Diskit.
Overnight at camps / guest house in Nubra.
NUBRA VALLEY – PANGONG LAKE (160 kms. / 8 hours) via WARI LA & CHANG LA – WORLD’S FOURTH & SECOND HIGHEST ROADS IN A DAY
Today we take the road less taken and drive from Nubra to Pangong Lake without coming back to the main town. We have two routes, one through Wari La (17,000 ft.) and other requires crossings at Shyok river. Both the roads are meant to test your riding capabilities. We then cross the mighty Chang La which is the second highest pass in the world.
After crossing, we descend and we reach Pangong Lake by late afternoon through secluded roads and the sight of the lake is bound to leave you awe-struck. The lake is huge spreading for miles across and has crystal clear blue water and icy cold water forming mini-waves and striking at the shore. The multi-coloured mountains in the backdrop complete a heavenly view worth all the effort.
We stay in a camp / cottage near Pangong Lake where we can see night sky and colours of the lake.
PANGONG LAKE – TSO MORIRI
Today we wake up to the wonderful sight of Pangong Lake in front of us. The sight is surely one to die for. This grand high altitude lake seems never-ending and truly as it stretches across for around 80 kms in the mountains. After breakfast, we again ride through a very less taken road and reach the smaller but even beautiful lake of Tso Moriri. Tso Moriri is a paradise lake, totally undisturbed and famous for the Black-Necked Crane, a rare bird that breeds in this wonderland. We relax our way into beds at Guest House / Camps near the lake.
TSO MORIRI – TSO KAR – SARCHU (230 kms. / 8 hours)
After breakfast, we bid goodbye to the beautiful lake and head back towards Sarchu. But our explorations continue as we break our journey for a cup of tea around the lake of Tso Kar. We further drive to Sarchu plains via Pang and Lachung La. We reach at Sarchu and rest our way into the camps.
Overnight in camps.
SARCHU – MANALI (230 kms. / 9 hours)
After early breakfast, we start our ride back. It’s the last day but adventures are not over yet. Sarchu to Manali is the most unpredictable stretch with river crossings and bad weather. We cross over Bara Lacha La and Rohtang Pass and reach the green town of Manali by evening. We did it…!! We reach Manali and check-into our resort here. We freshen up with rest our way after the long tiring ride.
Overnight stay and Dinner at Premium Manali Resort with Spa facilities.
MANALI – SPA & REST DAY
In the morning, we get treated with body-relaxing massages in Manali for all the hard-work in the past 9 days.
Today is a relaxing day, we rest well and enjoy local visit to the market. We celebrate our journey so far in the evening.
MANALI – DELHI DRIVE IN LUXURY TOYOTA CARS (14 hours / 230 kms.)
In morning after early breakfast, we drive from Manali to Delhi in A/C luxury Toyota cars. It takes about 12-14 hours and we’ll go with many breaks like for Lunch, Dinner, Tea Breaks, sightseeing stops at important Gurudwara (Sikh community worship place) etc. We’ll drop at Delhi airport after dinner at around 10 p.m. Flight to Germany at around 03:00 a.m. at night.
NOTE: We can plan our journey according to flight timings.
MANALI – KULLU AIRPORT & FLY TO DELHI
In morning at around 06:30 a.m. we get transferred to Kullu Airport for flight to Delhi.
Reach Delhi at around 09:40 a.m.
*end of service*