CYCLING TOUR – KANGRA VALLEY
PEDDLING KANGRA VALLEY
(4 NIGHTS / 5 DAYS)
Mcleodganj-Dharamsala-Kunal Pathri Temple-Snora Chowk-Tiyara-Lunj-MASROOR TEMPLE-Nagrota Surian-Haripur-Guler Heritage Camp-Toy Train ride Jawali-Dhameta-Pathankot.
Cycling in valley exploring the rural culture, food and lifestyle, historical camping, Bird sanctuary, Toy Train ride, Angling etc.
You can pedal your adventure by exploring Kangra Valley. Quite literally, the whole of Himachal is your playground. The tour can be coupled with visiting Historical monuments, temples and Bird Sanctuary. The lower regions of the Kangra Valley offer gentle routes crossing through farming villages, rivers and lowland forests.
Known for its monolithic rock temples, Masroor is 40 kms. from Kangra Town. There are 15 rock cut temples in Indo-Aryan style and richly carved. The temples partly ruined now are profusely decorated with sculptural ornamentations, conceived in the same manner as the great temple of Kailash at Elora in Maharastra with which they bear a striking resemblance. The main temple is dedicated to Lord Ram, Lakshman and Sita.
Kunal Pathri Temple
kunal Pathri Temple (located in the Dhauladhar Ranges in Kangra District, Himachal Pradesh) which is rock pilgrimage near dharamsala. Its said that there used to live a great devotee of lord Vishnu named Kunal. This temple is dedicated to goddess Kapaleshwari. It has beautiful carvings of gods and goddesses. It is believed that the skull of Devi Sati (Dakshayani), the wife of Lord Shiva, fell here after being cut off by the Chakra of Lord Vishnu into fifty-one pieces, to stop the ferocious dance, Tandava Nritya, of Shiva carrying the corpse of Sati(Dakshayani).
- Pong Bird Sanctuary in Kangra district is a well-known birding destination, Explore this virgin destination with a splendid view of the Dhauladhar mountains. The sprawling Pong wetland has emerged as a major habitat for migratory birds and an outstanding town of paradise for birds watcher . Wetland popularly known as Ranser site has been recognized Internationally as one of the finest and largest wetlands of North India .
- Guler Heritage Nature Camp captures the luxurious nostalgia of the Royal safari organized by the rulers of Guler. Luxury tents have always been an integral part in the lifestyle of Rajput warriors. Tents can be pitched on the banks to have a feel of the beach with ripples kissing the shores.
Note: Please bring your cycling gloves, eye wear.
Cost: ON REQUEST
Best Time: 1st Janaury-30th April (summer)
15th September-31st December (autumn-winter)
- Deluxe hotel/camping on twin sharing basic
- All Meals
- Cycling Guide
- Cycling Assistance with jeep
- International Standard “Trek Cycle”
- Train Journey
- Cycling Helmet
Day 1. Arrival in Mcleodganj and transfer to Hotel. After breakfast at hotel day at leisure and exploring the interesting Tibetan market and shopping. Overnight stay and dinner at Hotel.
Day 2. After breakfast our Kangra Valley Cycling Tour will take place right from our hotel we will pedal towards lower Dharamsala and follow the route as mentioned.
We will reach for tea break at Masroor Temple.
We will have our lunch at Pong Bird Sanctuary or Guler Heritage Camp. Overnight stay at camp. Dinner will be served around campfire.
Day 3. After breakfast departure for Toy Train Ride to Jawali. Jawali to Dhameta cycling. Overnight stay and dinner at Lodge at Pong.
Day4. After breakfast a birding tour will be organized to visit Ransar Island through a motor boat. Lunch will be arranged at Ranser Island serving Golden Mahaseer Fish/Bar-be-Que, also Guest can try their hands on Angling. Evening back to Lodge at Pong for overnight stay and dinner around campfire.
Day 5. After breakfast departure to Pathankot railway station to board to Delhi-Amritsar.